Friday, April 03, 2009
This recipe has been tested by Redbook
This spinach salad combines the classic flavors of grilled steak, mushroom, and blue cheese for a satisfying and healthful dinner salad. And you only need five ingredients!
- 1/2 cup(s) red-wine or sherry vinaigrette
- 1 flank steak
- 12 ounce(s) cremini mushrooms, wiped clean
- 1 container(s) baby spinach
- 6 ounce(s) Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1. Place 3 tablespoons of the vinaigrette in a large food-storage bag; add steak. Seal bag; toss to coat steak.
- 2. Pour the remaining 5 tablespoons vinaigrette into a large salad bowl. Thinly slice mushrooms and add to bowl; toss to coat in dressing. Scatter spinach leaves on top of mushrooms; do not toss.
- 3. Prepare an outdoor grill or heat a grill pan over medium heat 5 minutes, or until very hot. Remove steak from bag and grill 5 minutes per side, or until internal temperature registers 135 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer for medium-rare. Transfer steak to a cutting board; let rest 10 minutes. Thinly slice steak across the grain on a slight diagonal.
- 4. Toss mushrooms and spinach in bowl; top with sliced steak. Garnish with Gorgonzola cheese.