Saturday, October 18, 2008
30 Days to a Greener Diet - Day 1
Pour a Glass of Organic Wine
5 Important Benefits to a Greener Diet
Pour a glass of wine? We bet that's the first time you've seen that "step one" on a diet plan.
In other words, relax, and if wine is your thing, pour a glass of it just about now. You’re about to embark on a delicious and revolutionary way of thinking about the food you eat and the way you buy it. You’ll enjoy the discovery of gorgeously fresh, simple and healthy foods and ingredients that will make delicious dining as good for you as it is for the planet. We at TheDailyGreen call it the New Green Cuisine. There are 5 main benefits for you:
1. It rids your diet of those overprocessed, overpackaged, additive-laced, pesticide-sprayed foodlike substances lurking in your cupboard and fridge.
2. It replaces that junk with real, "whole" foods, deliciously and simply prepared.
3. It helps you ditch the faux foods, franken foods and fast foods that now make up so much of the American diet.
4. It causes you to fall in love with foods that are safe for you and sustainable for the planet.
5. It helps you to feel great and eat very, very well. Eating green is the fastest-growing food trend today. It’s morphed from grassroots to mainstream and is fast changing old ideas about what to eat. You’ll have a lot of company greening your diet. New recipes, new cookbooks and new restaurants featuring these kinds of foods are arriving every day.
So back to that wine. Most wine is good for you, in moderation and assuming you have no substance abuse issues. Organic and biodynamic wines are now available, as well as new local wines from coast to coast. Red wine has resveratrol, an important antioxidant, so it’s really packed with health.
So enjoy and let’s get started.