Smartypantz, taking it one day at a time.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Helping Hand

“The best place to find a helping hand is at the end of your own arm.”- Swedish proverb

I saw this proverb in an email today and it really stuck with me. I’ve spent so much time looking for someone to figure out the best way to lose weight and become fit, I’ve tried so many different plans but they never seem to last and lately I’ve just decided to do what felt right to me and what felt like I would be able to maintain for a lifetime and guess what, it’s been working. I’m seeing slow and steady weight loss, I feel better and it doesn’t seem like I’m on a diet at all. All I’ve been doing is making better choices at the grocery store, cutting down on portion sizes, taking my lunch to work (this one is a biggie) and moving more.

I know that sounds like duh that’s what all the plans say but the difference is that I’m not worrying about staying on plan, I’m not worrying about getting in six meals a day or making sure that I have balanced meals every time. If I’m hungry I eat if I’m not hungry I don’t, it doesn’t matter what time it is or how long it’s been since my last meal. I’m not counting calories but I am serving smaller portions and eating slower. I’m not cutting out all the foods I like but I am trying to make them healthier. We are still eating out just not anywhere near as often, taking our lunches to work is making a huge difference and we are saving a ton of money.

The point is, I’m not worrying about food, I’m not obsessing about it. Instead of spending my time thinking about the next meal I’m spending my time living.

Posted by smartypantz32 :: 8:43 AM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------

weight loss weblog

---------------oOo---------------